Sunday, February 6, 2011

Amistad

I have never watched such a sad movie until yesterday when I watched Amistad. That is visually so emotional and I've never cried so much in one movie!! The director captures scenes that will always stick in my mind now which I think is a very positive aspect on his directing skills. Amistad tells a story about slavery in the past and the struggles that slaves encountered. There are certain scenes that are so graphic and violent, but I believe this is a positive aspect of the movie so that people who may not be as educated in what took place in the past can get a detailed understanding. I also think the film was so emotional because it is true. This stuff really happened in the past which makes it even more heartbreaking to watch. It had such a great story, and actually had a couple of humerous scenes but overall it was one of the saddest movies I've ever seen!


He was such a great actor! photo from http://www.timeinc.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment